Thursday, May 1, 2008

Tour of IP Plant Would Be Interesting

I wish I could attend to the tour of Cantonment’s International Paper Plant that the company will be conducting on May 8th at 5 p.m.

I love learning about how things are made. Have you ever watched the television show How It’s Made on The Discovery Channel? I love that program.

On the tour, the PNJ says you'll be able to find out how the plant makes materials for "baby diapers, feminine hygiene and adult incontinence products". Come on - don't tell me that wouldn't be interesting.

I recently toured the Bureau of Engraving and Printing facility in Washington, D.C. and it was a fascinating experience. It was really neat to see how America's paper money is made.

Is there anyone out there who shares my fondness for the manufacturing process? Does anyone plan on attending the tour?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the heads up, Chris! Yes, I think it sounds interesting, too. I actually went on a tour about five years ago with my older kids on a field trip. They had a lot of robotic processes and it was neat.
We will try to make it.

I want to see the Hyundai plant near Montgomery, too. I heard they give a great tour.

jeeperman said...

Since IP is going to convert over to paperboard (the brown stuff cardboard is made of) this will be a last chance tour to see stuff they won't make there any more?
B.T.W. paperboard is more enviromentally friendly then the white paper products.